Friday, May 31, 2013

Cafe HoHo Myoll

Awesomeness is all I can think about when I think about Cafe HoHo Myoll, located in the Hongdae area.
I know I have said before how much I love the attention to detail that all the little coffee shops in Korea have, but this place takes the prize, starting with the fact that they have an actual VW van inside. How cool is that?
 Yes. I am a rebel. Ok, no. We did ask the owner if it was OK to take photos. The sign is just decor.
 I had seen cafe HoHo Myoll before, walking around Hongdae and I wanted to visit, so I couldn't have been more excited when the lovely Lindsay asked me if I wanted to go with her!
 This place is so full of little cute things that it took us a while just to take it all. Even ET joins the fun from his van.
 We ordered our drinks and decided to share a banana nut muffin that was SO delicious, and we got to eat IN the van!
I really enjoyed all the VW themed decor, I just think they are absolutely adorable.

 
 It really was a quirky paradise, with a retro feel and incredible decor and I really admired all the hard work the owner puts in this place to keep it so interesting.
 And of course, there is this little fella, Myoll, who inspired the cafe's name. He was very friendly, climbing on my shoulder and very interested when we first came in, and after that he just got bored and decided to chill on one of his blankets.
 What a great "first date" it was for me and Lindsay! (It was our first time haging out one on one). I always had so much fun with this girl, unfortunately for me, she already left Seoul and I miss her so much, but I am extremely happy to know that she is having a blast in Hawaii! I definitely want to visit HoHo Myoll again so I can try their cheese fondue.

More Information:
Check out Victoria's experience here and Lindsay's experience here.
Directions: Sangsu Station, Line 6, Exit 2. Turn right down the street, keep walking, Cafe HoHo Myoll will be on your right.
Foreigner Friendly

Thank you for reading!

Love,
Zayda




2 comments:

  1. This was an awesome date and a great post! I miss you too girlie, I don't know what I'm going to do here without my gaggle of gal pals! I keep wanting to pick up the phone and call you to go out, and then I remember I'm 1/2way around the world from you now:( But I believe our adventures are not over yet and a reunion will be on the way in the near future! I LOVE you and hope you are ROCKIN Seoul still!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled upon it a couple of days ago and it was love at first sight! Love your article about HoHo Myoll and your pictures are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete